I’m spearheading a westward invasion this autumn and you’re coming with me. Enough is enough, the cold winters blow, and the road is the safest place on Earth.
Couple of suitcases, my laptop in my backpack, some clothes and a good pair of walking boots. Three months rent in advance on a furnished room in California.
With six months lead time that’s a doable goal.
Hopping a Greyhound to do it. It’ll be my own little Merry Pranksters bus only I don’t have to pay for gas.
You wanna come with? We’ll coordinate a schedule.
1. You pay your own way.
2. You pack light and don’t be addicted to your material things.
3. You must have a sense of adventure.
4. You must be physically fit. The Greyhound ain’t for the faint of heart.
5. You must not be too picky about what happens at the end of the journey.
6. You must live somewhere on Earth. We will all meet up somewhere between Minnesota and
7. You must have at least one or two “nice” outfits. We might all get jobs working in Silicon Valley on the way. Bring overalls too; we might end up working construction.
That is the vision. Sunshine, that California flakiness – all of it – here I come.
If you’re interested in a fearless hobo journey beginning Autumn 2009, get in touch with Will Conley. Let’s see if we can’t make this country more interesting.