Here it is: The full list of twords invented by those who attended the first spontaneous Twictionary build in the history of Twitter. First, a few facts:
- For the introduction to how this came about, see the Top 13 Submissions from the World’s First Twictionary Build.
- For bragging rights, all twords in the list by @(TwitterUsers) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Permissions for each tword beyond the scope of this license are available by contacting the @(TwitterUser) who created it.
- A few of these have already been invented prior to Twixicon Alpha, but I am quite confident this is the first time anyone has copyright the terms. So am I getting all legalistic on your collective ass? No. The whole point of this is to make connections and establish creative relationships that people actually care about. If you want to make money off any of the following twords, you have to follow, message, and ask permission from the Twitter user who coined it. And don’t be boring. Think of the children.
- Did you know there are Twitterers out there exclusively devoted to collecting new twords and saving them for posterity? Two I have found are @twitdictionary and @twittonary. Hit them up if you are into this kind of thing. Hit me up too: @willconley777.
- We will likely create other games based on Twitter in the near future. When and where we don’t know. These things just happen, you know? Stay tuned!
So now, the list. It is alternately hilarious, brilliant, deep, beautiful, cute, odd, contentious, insulting, pointless, useful, and of course twitastic. Enjoy: